Also known as:
- dynamically drawn hitarea bug
- filter applied hitarea bug
- hitarea no longer works
- hitarea stops working
I recently noticed two weird bugs while handling hitArea’s in Flash (I say bug you might say feature).
- you have a clip on the timeline, let’s call it dialog
- you have a large hitarea below the dialog, let’s call it largeHitArea
- you have connected the hitarea to the dialog: dialog.hitArea = largeHitArea
- you have set the onPress of the dialog to anything but null
Everything works fine up to this point, the large hitarea makes the dialog act as a modal dialog, since you cannot trigger any mouse events below it.